This week, I got...
Received for Review:
- Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough
- Grim by Anna Waggener
- The Orphan King (Merlin's Immortals #1) by Sigmund Brouwer
- ARC of Skinny by Donna Cooner
- The Summer I Learned to Fly by Dana Reinhardt
- Wild Ink: Success Secrets to Writing and Publishing in the Young Adult Market by Victoria Hanley
Thanks so much to Random House Canada, Scholastic Canada and Sourcebooks for sending these novels for review!
HCC Frenzy Presents:
Earlier this week on Tuesday (June 19), I was invited to a blogger event at the offices of HarperCollins Canada in downtown Toronto! It was an amazing night where they talked to us about the upcoming Fall YA titles they're most excited about and Tahereh Mafi, author of Shatter Me, was a surprise guest. We were also given goodie bags to take home with us and this is what I received:
- ARC of Debutantes by Cora Harrison
- Excerpt of What's Up With Jodi Barton by Hayley Long
- HarperCollins Canada Fall 2012 catalog
- Frenzy Spring 2012 edition
- Divergent faction temporary tattoos
- signed Lauren Oliver bookplate
- Pretty Little Liars lip chap
- HCC Frenzy button
- ARC of Unraveling (Unraveling #1) by Elizabeth Norris
Sara from Geek Girl's Book Blog was so sweet to give me her ARC of Unraveling!
- ARC of Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gene Showalter
Eeek! I've been so excited for Alice in Zombieland and Sara also kindly offered to let me borrow her ARC so I can read it. Isn't the cover absolutely gorgeous?
I was fortunate to receive an ARC of The Golden Lily awhile ago, but I couldn't resist buying a finished copy of the book to add to my bookshelves. My fan-girly review is scheduled to go up at the end of the week and only has gushing thoughts for Adrian and Sydney!
I also spotted Once Burned in stores a few days early at my local Chapters location and snatched up a copy right away. Vlad is one of my favourite characters in the Night Huntress world, so I've been excited for this book for quite some time. I read it Friday night and then re-read it again the next day because I LOVED it so much. If you're a fan of Jeaniene Frost's novels, then I'm sure you'll be feeling the same way too.
What about YOU? Any new reads/finds this week?
And as always... Happy Reading!