The past two weeks, I've gotten...
Received for Review:
- ARC of Bitterblue (Graceling Realm #3) by Kristin Cashore
- The Girl in the Park by Mariah Fredericks
- ARC of The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead
- Here Comes Hortense! by Heather Hartt-Sussman
- The Last Song by Eva Wiseman
- ARC of The Opposite of Tidy by Carrie Mac
- The Warlock (The Secret of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #5) by Michael Scott
- Welcome to Bordertown edited by Holly Black and Ellen Kushner
Thanks so much to Penguin Canada, Random House Canada and Tundra Books for sending these novels for review! I was seriously freaking out in a totally excited fan-girl way when I got The Golden Lily! I couldn't resist the temptation of reading it right away and now I already wish I could read book three... If you're a fan of the Bloodlines series, you're going to love the book for sure!
Received from Random House Canada's YA Blogger Event:
- ARC of Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- The Dragon Turn (The Boy Sherlock Holmes #5) by Shane Peacock (signed!)
- The Green Man by Michael Bedard
- Noah Barleywater Runs Away by John Boyne (signed!)
- The Taming by Teresa Toten and Eric Walters (signed!)
- a Bookurious book bag
On Wednesday night (April 11), I was invited to attend Random House Canada's YA Blogger Event and had an absolutely fantastic time! Authors Shane Peacock, John Boyne, Teresa Toten and Eric Walters were the surprise author guests of the night, and they talked to us about their books before later signing some of the them. Thanks again Random House Canada!
- ARC of Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood
- swag from Kelley Armstrong signing (read my recap of the event and enter to win a signed copy of The Calling)
- pretty bookmarks with flowers and birds
Nicole from Nicole About Town... gave me her ARC of Born Wicked, which was just so sweet of her! I didn't have a copy before but I had been looking forward to reading it. Thanks Nicole! My best friend also got me a couple bookmarks for my birthday (it was on April 4th) and they're really pretty! Kelley Armstrong was also giving swag to those who attended her signing at Indigo Yorkdale last weekend, so I got a Rafe button, two postcards and some bookmarks!
- Blood on the Bayou (Annabelle Lee #2) by Stacey Jay
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
- Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg (read my review of the ARC)
The List and Take A Bow are technically my sister's new books, but I'm including them anyways because we tend to share our books with each other. I surprisingly received an ARC of Take A Bow not long ago and read it right away. I absolutely loved it! If you love reading contemporary YA novels, then you MUST check this one out.
What about YOU? Any new reads/finds this week?
And as always... Happy Reading!